Become a Caregiver
The HUB Home Childcare Program is looking for Caregivers throughout Prince Edward County!
Childcare spaces in Prince Edward County are in NEED right now. Childcare Centres in PEC are currently holding waitlists, for full-time and part-time spaces. There has never been a better time to start your own home childcare business and we can help you get started.
The HUB Child and Family Centre supports local business owners who provide licensed home childcare in Prince Edward County.
- You own and operate your own home-based childcare.
- You choose what families attend your home childcare.
- You set your hours of operation.
- You sign a contract service agreement with the HUB Child and Family Centre.
- You follow all licensed childcare requirements, including caring for a maximum of 6 children at one time.
- You benefit at tax time by deducting expenses you incur to earn your childcare income.
- You get to be at home with your family and earn a living.
The HUB Child and Family Centre:
- Helps to fill your home with children, advertising if needed.
- Assists in interviewing prospective families for your home childcare.
- Helps you set-up functional childcare space in your home that works for your entire family.
- Gives you assurance that your home and outdoor space is continually safe and kept at licensed childcare standards.
- Provides all COVID related cleaning supplies
- Assists you to prepare weekly menus.
- Helps with program activity ideas from a Registered Early Childcare Educators prospective.
- Answers questions regarding children’s learning and behavior.
- Provides details on caregiver to children ratios.
- Grants free access to monthly Communities of Practice meetings: Connect with other home caregivers; hear new ideas; and problem solve as a team.
- Handles all the financial transactions with childcare families.
- Deposits service agreement payments directly into your bank accounts bi-weekly.
- Provides you with a yearly T4A.